Peachstate Region PCA Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I join the Peachstate Region Porsche Club of America?
When you join the Porsche Club of America, you become a member of the largest independent, single marque car club in the world. The Porsche Club allows you to enjoy your Porsche in the most ways possible, and certainly in ways not possible for the general public. By joining the Peachstate Region PCA, you can meet over 1,800 Atlanta-area friends who share your passion for the Porsche brand, and enjoy their company at events like our monthly Socials, our incredibly varied and numerous driving events, our annual Rennfest multi-event weekend, as well as at national and regional PCA events.
Whether you're a newbie or a seasoned Porsche owner, you can enjoy more activities with Peachstate Region PCA than with any other car club in Atlanta - by far. Peachstate Region PCA offers high-performance driving instruction at Road Atlanta in the form of Driver's Education events, a national club race event, many autocross events, many concours d'elegance competitions, many rallies, and many low-key, enjoyable driving tours for those who just want to leisurely drive their Porsche in a non-competitive way. We also offer technical sessions, group outings to other PCA region events, a PorschePlatz and Porsche Corral at the annual Petit LeMans race at Road Atlanta, a teen driving school, multiple membership parties, and multiple first-timer rally and autocross schools. And if that's not enough, here's a list of additional membership benfits.
In short, Peachstate is all about the three German words inscribed on its logo: vergnugen, auskunft, and freundschaft: fun, info, an friendship. We exist to help you maximize the fun and enjoyment of owning your Porsche.
How do I join the Peachstate Region Porsche Club of America?
We know the unbridled joy that a Porsche can provide, and we've built a community around that very feeling. The Porsche Club of America offers driving experience, technical assistance, member benefits, and camaraderie second to none. Porsche owners can submit their online registration at the Porsche Club of America national website here. A monthly copy of the Porsche Panorama magazine will be included in this price, as well as automatic membership to the Peachstate Region if the member's zip code is in the Atlanta/North Georgia area.
While our cars are very exclusive, our club is not. Membership is open to all Porsche owners, co-owners or lessees, who are 18 years of age or older, and the benefits of membership are many. At the time of joining, the member of record is permitted to name either a member of his or her family to become a family member or other interested person to become an affiliate member, at no additional cost. The family or affiliate member must also be 18 years of age or older. Please have your Porsche's VIN/Serial number ready when completing the membership application.
PCA membership is available in three payment options, and payable online here:
- 1 year..... $46
- 2 years... $90
- 3 years... $132
Do I have to own a Porsche to join the Porsche Club of America/Peachstate Region?
Yes. Our membership consists exclusively of Porsche owners, although some of them may have since sold their Porsche.
How do I renew my membership?
Renew your membership here at the Porsche Club of America national website. Renewal there automatically renews your Peachstate Region membership.
How do I update my contact information as a current member?
Update your contact information at the Porsche Club of America national website here by first logging in, and then click on the Quick Link entitled "Update your email address, mailing address, phone numbers, or car information" to update your member record.
How do I purchase an official Peachstate Region nametag?
Contact Membership Chair Rod Johnson here.
How do I submit an article for the Peachstate Presse?
We encourage contributions of editorial material on a variety of Porsche related topics including event reviews, book and video reviews, tech tips, etc.
All articles and photos submitted for publication are subject to revision or rejection at the Presse Editor's sole discretion. Material is submitted and published without compensation.
Only material or manuscripts from the original writer or copyright-permission articles will be considered for publication. Submission of original material constitutes a perpetual, nonexclusive license for the Peachstate Region Porsche Club of America to print and/or reproduce in any manner, and for any purpose. Submissions to the newsletter should be received by the 15th of the month for inclusion in the following issue. Submit your article to the Presse Editor, Phil Theodore, here.
How should a Porsche Club owner act among onlookers, gawkers, and those genuinely interested in their Porsche? Here's sort of a creed:
- I will always be polite, courteous, and friendly to others interested in looking at my Porsche. I will not talk down to or ignore them, and I will cheerfully answer all questions. Some high-end car owners wrongly suffer from a "snob" label - by actively and always countering this kind of attitude, I will strive to set an example that will not reinforce this negative perception with each person I meet who shows an interest in my Porsche.
- I will ensure that my cars are always clean, presentable, and well maintained. For some people, seeing a Porsche up close can be a special experience. It is best to present these impressive cars to others at a high standard.
feasible, I will encourage inspection and observation of my Porsche. If
the person interested in seeing my car is clean and courteous, I may
allow or even invite them to sit in the driver's seat. I will encourage
photographs, should they so desire. I will particularly encourage this
kind of openness and acessability to younger children.
- I will obey all traffic laws or local traffic customs. Particularly, I will pass other cars only in marked, safe passing zones, and I will always respect traffic speeds and noise ordinances within city limits. I will always drive in a defensive manner to protect myself and my vehicle. I will not initiate, nor will I respond to challenges to race my cars on open public roads.
- I will operate my car as God and Ferry Porsche intended only on appropriately designated race tracks, and drive spiritedly only on open, rural routes free of heavy traffic and in a safe manner. On public highways, I will use my highest powers of observation and diligence to ensure that I place myself, my vehicle, and the public in no additional danger. I will always assess and be aware of environmental and road conditions, and I will never drive spiritedly on unfamilair roads. When approaching blind corners or hills, I will assume that an obstacle exists on the blind side, and will take appropriate defensive driving measures to proceed safely.
- I will share my passion and excitement for Porsches with others through community service and charitable events. I will actively participate with my Porsche in special events in an effort to briefly brighten lives of those who, perhaps, may be less fortunate than I.
- I will be honest and open with other Porsche enthusiasts, and I will accurately represent my cars to prospective owners and buyers. I will keep complete records, and I will always follow up with purchasers of my car to ensure that they continue to gain maximum satisfaction and appreciation for cars that I have owned and serviced.
will always have a smile on my face when inspecting, driving, or
showing my cars to others. I will never forget how fortunate I've been
to own such an automobile and I will constantly remind myself that the
future is uncertain, and that, for me, today may be as good as it gets.
Who can list items for sale on the Peachtate Region Porsche Club of America website?
Only current members may place classified advertisements on our website. Send them to our Webmeister. Guidelines here.
How long do classified ads run?
Classified ads are date stamped and run for three months. They will not automatically be renewed unless a renewal request by the Webmeister is recieved. Guidelines here.
How do I submit an article for the Peachstate Region "Presse" newsletter?
Please click here to email your inquiry, and our Communications Manager will respond.
How do I sell my Porsche stuff in The Mart in the "Presse" newsletter?
Please click here to email your inquiry, and our Peachstate Presse Editor will respond. Guidelines here.
How do I get information regarding advertising with the Peachstate Region Porsche Club of America?
Please click here to email your inquiry, and our Peachstate Presse Editor will respond.
How do I sponsor a Peachstate Region Porsche Club event?
Please click here to email your inquiry, and our Sponsorship chairman will respond.